In the current state of our economy, I’m not surprised that one of my most popular Pinterest boards has been the Money Saving Ideas board.
Here, you can find pins for budgeting and saving infographics, links to money saving apps and even how to save money while shopping at Target.
Aside from these informational pins, there are lots of other ways that Pinterest can help with saving some of your hard earned cash.
How I have saved money by using Pinterest
- Trying new recipes- Less money spent eating out (Added bonus..Eating healthier foods=lower long-term health costs)
- Homemade cleaning products- inexpensive ingredients used to make household cleaning supplies (less toxic too)
- Craft ideas and instructions- Use for decorating, entertaining and for gift giving (Remember my Pinterest party and quilling gift?)
- Inspirational and funny quotes- They provide a boost to my mood and keeps my wine intake at lower levels by reducing stress (lower stress = lower healthcare costs)
I recently spoke to Karen from MoneySavingEnthusiast.com about money saving and Pinterest. During our conversation we realized that there are many ways to use your Pinterest to curate money saving ideas and information. Here are a few we came up with:
- Deals and coupons from businesses
- Party planning ideas to have a party at home
- DIY home repair instructions
- DIY home decorating ideas
- DIY landscaping ideas
- Free fonts and printables
Crunchy Coated Chocolate Truffles
- 2/3 cup light cream
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 graham cracker boards
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted