In this post, we look at the Pinterest Pins that performed best last July to help you understand what you should be Pinning this month.
We analyzed all of the Pins from Tailwind members from July of last year and Pinned the ones that received the most Repins to our 11 “trends” boards – one board for each of the 11 most popular Pinterest categories.
We Pinned to these boards in the chronological order that the Pins were published, so Pins at the bottom of the board are from earlier in the month and Pins at the top are from later in the month. Only the Pins on the board between the Pins that feature the text “What to Pin in July” and “What to Pin in June” relate to Pins that were popular last July.
What Tailwind’s “Trends” Boards Can Teach You
- Perfect your seasonal timing so that you’re creating content at the right time of year
- Uncover popular trends referenced by last year’s Pins and recreate their success by referencing this year’s equivalent trends
- Observe the color pallets that work in the different categories at different times of year
- Observe seasonal trends in Pin aesthetics: text overlays, aspect ratios and photography
- Find seasonal keywords in Pin descriptions that may generate Pinterest search traffic
Video Discussing What to Pin in July:
Signup for our Facebook Live on Wednesday June 28th at 12:00 CST to find out What to Pin in July.
What to Pin in July
- Pinners are loving the step-by-step multi-image Pins!
- Hand lettering and lettering projects are popping up.
- Trending now: break up kits (yes, it’s what you think).
Keywords: Pattern, Organize, Wooden, Sew, Knit, Crochet, Make, Shells
- Seeing some items for new teachers, or those looking for a new job.
- Lots of fish projects!
- Trending now: Anchor charts for writing.
Keyword: Back to School, Games, New to Teaching, Yoga, Welcome
- A lot more comfort food than you would expect!
- Summer fruity drinks.
- More decadent desserts than last month.
- Trending now: 4th of July desserts.
Keywords: Rice, Chicken, Key Lime, Summer, Pasta, Salad, Skewers, Mini, Burgers
- Long, textured bobs.
- Matte nails.
- Trending now: shimmer eyeshadow.
Keywords: Summer, Soap, Half-up, Sumer Nail Designs
- It’s all about the booty and the belly this month!
- Post-pregnancy fitness.
- Trending: Fitness motivation.
Keywords: Cleanse, Challenge, [Issue Resolution] Examples: Morning Sickness, Hormonal Imbalance, Improve Mood, Improve Sex Life
- So. Much. Halloween.
- Fall is on Pinners’ minds – and even Christmas is making an appearance.
- Trending: 4th of July games.
Keywords: 4th of July, Birthday Party, Popsicles, Emoji, Fall,
- A lot of rustic/barn looks.
- Neutral colors.
- Backyard decor.
- Trending: container houses.
Keywords: Organize, Paint Colors, Backyard, Outdoor
- Fish projects!
- Travel tips (it’s road-trip season).
- Trending: Adoption fundraising.
Keywords: Bird Feeder, Chores, Party, DIY
- Kids’ travel hacks.
- Road trips – it is that time of year.
- Popular: Thailand
Keywords: Waterfalls, European, Carry On, Hike, Road Trip
- Blush and green.
- Rustic and outdoorsy.
- Trending and popular: Flowers and wedding favors.
Keywords: Outdoor, Barn, Rustic, Pink, Rose, Festival, Beach, Bikini
- Summer AND fall fashions popping up.
- Capsule wardrobes and “what to wear.”
- A touch of retro.
- Trending: western style and turquoise.
Keywords: Season, Summer, Fall, Vacation, Natural, Flip Flops, Dress
Other “What to Pin” Posts
Check out other posts like this in our “What to Pin When” category.
Download our printable 2017 Pinterest and Instagram Content Calendars
Want to know what to Pin next month?
Signup for our email newsletter to get future blog posts like this, and notifications about our Facebook Live events, delivered straight to your inbox.
Tailwind’s Pinterest scheduling and analytics tool has helped more than 100,000 bloggers and marketers to master Pinterest. With lightning quick Pin scheduling, a smart calendar that gets more engagement for every Pin, and actionable analytics, we make growing on Pinterest easy.
Start your free trial by signing up with Pinterest!
*No credit card required
David is Tailwind’s Director of Marketing and Growth. He is a former journalist who wrote for The Times and The Financial Times, a marketing agency co-founder, founder of Confluence digital marketing conference, father of two, and early morning writer. He grew up on The Isle of Wight in England and lives in Oklahoma City.