Using PinLeague’s Analytics Platform, we tracked some of the top Pinterest Home Decor brands on during the first quarter of 2013.
As with the Pinterest Restaurant Infographic, Pinterest Retail Fashion Infographic and Pinterest Luxury Brand Infographic we chose six of the top home decor brands on Pinterest and pitted them against each other in three main categories:
- Audience – Who has the most Pinterest followers and who is growing the fastest?
- Brand Mentions – Who are users in the Pinterest category talking about the most?
- Engagement – Who has the most repins, likes and comments?
Keep reading to find out which home decor brands are succeeding on Pinterest – and why!
- Pottery Barn’s success on Pinterest is thanks, in large part, to promoting their Pinterest page on their popular blog and through email marketing. Socially targeted email marketing tools, like PinMail by PinLeague, can help you grow and engage your audience across social media as well.
- World Market went a different route, but was still successful, with an 80% growth in Q1 of 2013 thanks to promoting their Pinterest page and Pinterest contests on their website.
- Even though One Kings Lane has the fewest followers of our Pinterest home decor group, they utilized ingenious contest promotions to produce a staggering 593,000 brand mentions. With help from Tenthwave Digital Agency, One Kings Lane asked pinners to create an “Ultimate Summer Day” board with 10 or more summer favorites and include at least one pin from One Kings Lane. The winner received a $1,000 shopping spree and the chance to curate a “Tastemaker Tag Sale”. Lisa Lantz, VP Strategic Solutions for Tenthwave, had this to say about the campaign:
- “One Kings Lane utilized the Pinterest Platform to allow their customers to express their passion for design with a chance to win a shopping spree and curate their own “Tastemaker Tag Sale”. “
- Although Pinterest contests were unrestricted in the past, Pinterest recently updated their guidelines surrounding contests, resulting in a more difficult contest landscape. Find everything you need to know about the new Pinterest contest guidelines on our blog.
- Each of these brands have incredibly high engagement rates ranging from 99.7% to 94.3%, proving what everyone already knows: home decor is incredibly popular on Pinterest.
- However, Pottery Barn and West Elm were able to deeply engage their audience through strong content curation resulting in a large number of pins having more than 100 repins.
Melissa Megginson is resident Marketing Manager and Cat Lady at Tailwind, the leading Pinterest tool for brands. Melissa specializes in content creation, social media, blogging, PR outreach and pretty much all things marketing. Find her on Twitter and Instagram at @MelMegg.